Ktm 450 Exc User Manual
• OWNER'S MANUAL 2010 450 EXC EU 530 EXC EU 450 XC-W USA ART. • KTM accepts no liability for delivery options, deviations from illustrations and descriptions, as well as misprints and other errors. • KTM workshop..29 Chassis number.. 9 Important maintenance work to be carried out by an Type label.. 9 authorized KTM workshop. (as additional order).30 Key number (EXC EU)..9 Important checks and maintenance work to be carried Engine number..9 out by the rider.
Toyota Avensis 2015 Estate Manual. • TECHNICAL DATA - ENGINE TIGHTENING TORQUES.88 Changing the rear brake linings.60 TECHNICAL DATA - CARBURETOR.90 Removing the front wheel. 61 450 EXC EU..90 Installing the front wheel..
Among the most popular models in KTM’s production line are the 450 SX, 520 SX, and the 525 SX. Each of these models operate 4-stroke engines, and the 400 EXC dominated the World Enduro Championship in 1999. Haynes has a selection of KTM motorcycle repair manuals available for anyone looking to carry out their own servicing or repair. KTM Off-Road Motorcycle Manuals. 2002-2008 KTM 50 Series Repair and Maintenance Manual: Only $9.50. 2008-2009 KTM 450 / 530 EXC Series Repair and Maintenance Manual.
61 XC‑W USA..90 Removing rear wheel.62 530 EXC EU.. • All work marked with this symbol requires specialist knowledge and technical understanding. In the interest of your own safety, have these jobs done in an authorized KTM workshop! There, your motorcycle will be serviced optimally by specially trained experts using the specialist tools required.
• Warranty The work prescribed in the service schedule must be carried out in an authorized KTM workshop and confirmed in the customer's ser- vice record, since otherwise no warranty claims will be recognized. No warranty claims can be considered for damage resulting from manipulations and/or alterations to the vehicle.
• IMPORTANT NOTES Transport Note Danger of damage The parked vehicle can roll away or fall over. – Always place the vehicle on a firm and even surface. Note Fire hazard Some vehicle components get very hot when the machine is driven. – Do not place the vehicle where there are flammable or explosive substances. • VIEW OF VEHICLE View of the vehicle from the left front (example) 800014-10 Side stand Shift lever Chain guide Fuel tap Air filter box lid Clutch lever Hand brake lever. • VIEW OF VEHICLE View of the vehicle from the right rear (example) 800013-10 Level viewer for brake fluid, rear Fork compression adjustment Foot brake pedal Kickstarter Horn Filler cap Fork rebound adjustment Electric starter button Speedometer Short circuit button Shock absorber compression adjustment Shock absorber rebound adjustment.
• LOCATION OF SERIAL NUMBERS Chassis number The chassis number is stamped on the steering head on the right. 500127-10 Type label The type label is fixed to the front of the steering head. 500128-10 Key number (EXC EU) The key number is stamped on the key strap. • LOCATION OF SERIAL NUMBERS Shock absorber part number The shock absorber part number is stamped on the top of the shock absorber above the adjusting ring on the engine side. • CONTROLS Clutch lever The clutch lever is fitted on the left side of the handlebar. The clutch is hydraulically operated and self-adjusting. 500133-10 Hand brake lever Hand brake lever is located on the right side of the handlebar.
The hand brake lever is used to activate the front brake. • CONTROLS Light switch (EXC EU) The light switch is fitted on the left side of the handlebar. Possible states Light off – Light switch is turned to the right. In this position, the light is switched off. Low beam on – Light switch is in the central position. In this position, the low beam and tail light are switched on. • CONTROLS Speedometer 5.11 – Press the key to change the display mode or change to one of the setup menus.
– Press the button to control different functions. – Press the button to control different functions. Info In its condition at delivery, the display mode SPEED/H and SPEED/ODO is acti- vated. • CONTROLS – Press the button for 3 - 5 seconds. The settings are saved and the Setup menu closed. Info If no button is pressed for 20 seconds, or if no impulse comes from the wheel speed sensor, the settings are automatically saved and the Setup menu closed. • CONTROLS – Press the button for 3 - 5 seconds.
The settings are saved and the Setup menu closed. Info If no button is pressed for 20 seconds, or if no impulse comes from the wheel speed sensor, the settings are automatically saved and the Setup menu is closed. • CONTROLS Press the button Next display mode briefly. Display mode SPEED/CLK (clock) 5.20 – Press the button briefly and repeatedly until CLK appears at the bottom right of the display.
The time is displayed in CLK display mode. Press the button. • CONTROLS Press the button. No function Press the button Displays of TR1, A1 and S1 are reset to 0,0.
For 3 - 5 seconds. Press the button Next display mode briefly. Display mode SPEED/TR2 (trip master 2) 5.24 – Press the button briefly and repeatedly until TR2 appears at the top right of the display. • CONTROLS Display mode SPEED/S1 (stop watch 1) 5.27 – Press the button briefly and repeatedly until S1 appears at the top right of the display.
S1 (stop watch 1) displays the journey time on the basis of TR1 and continues when an impulse is received from the wheel speed sensor. • CONTROLS Table of conditions and activability Display The motorcycle is Menu can be acti- standing vated Display mode SPEED/CLK (clock) • Display mode SPEED/LAP (lap time) • Display mode SPEED/TR1 (trip master 1) • Display mode SPEED/TR2 (trip master 2) •. • CONTROLS Choke (XC‑W USA) 5.32 Choke is fitted on the left side of the carburetor.
Activating the choke function frees an opening through which the engine can draw extra fuel. This gives a richer fuel-air mixture, which is needed for a cold start. Info If the engine is warm, the choke function must be deactivated. • CONTROLS Kickstarter 5.36 Kickstarter is fitted on the right of the engine. The engine can be started with either the kickstarter or the electric starter. The upper part of the kickstarter can be swung out. Info Before riding, swing the upper part of the kickstarter inward toward the engine.
- by admin